Haunted Houses & Ghostly walks
- Haunted Hike 20 October- 31 October Location The Sandbar, Bowman, GA
Haunted Hike! $8 Admission (cash only), and snacks available! Please bring cash only!
The Hike will be going on Oct. 20-22 and 27-31 and consist of a roughly 30 minute walk through forest trails beside the river. Please dress for cool weather and a hike in the woods!
Audience level: This event may not be for the faint of heart. Once on the trail, there may be no way to turn back and one must continue until the end.
- Wild Rumpus Parade (Costume parade): Oct. 29 8:00ish Location:Downtown Athens Free! See http://www.wildrumpus.org/ for complete guidelines about marching in the parade & the afterparty at the Ga Theatre.
- Watkinsville Ghost Tours: Oct. 7 - ? walking tour starts at Eagle Tavern, Watkinsville, GATour host Melissa Piche tells ghoulish tales from the past or the present. Tours offered every Friday and Saturday 8pm; Price: $12 per adult/$20 per couple/ Children 12 and under $7/ 3 or more children $5: Audience level: All ages > more
Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes & Hayrides
- Washington Farm Pumpkin Patch & Corn Maze, Watkinsville, GA (check homepage for hours or call 706-769-0627 : Pumpkin Patch, T-Fri 3:00pm until 7pm Saturday: 9:00am until dark, Sunday: 1:00pm until 6:00pm ; Corn Maze late hours: T: 6pm- 0 pm; Fri: 3-11pm; Sat: 9AM-11pm; Sunday 1-6pm Audience: All ages
- Milledge Ave Pumpkin Patch, Milledge Ave Baptist Church, Athens, GA; hours: M-Fri 12-8pm; Saturday-9am to 8pm; Sunday-12-6pm; Prices range from $.50 to $20.00; Audience: All ages
Children Halloween Carnival : Athens, Ga. Oct. 26, 5-6:30pm East Athens Community Center, (706) 613-3593 Fee: $3 ACC resident; $5 Non-resident Audience k-6
Games, activities, face painting, “scary” story readings and haunted
- Halloween "Spooktacular" Carnival Athens, GA, October 27 6–8 pm; $3 ACC resident; $5 Non- resident; Location: Lay Park, 706-613–3596; Audience: ages 5-12: Carnival style program includes Halloween-themed games, a costume contest, candy and more. Ages: 5 – 12
- Memorial Park Halloween Carnival, Athens, GA, Oct 27,5–8pm,$4 per child (No charge for parents/ guardians) ake a haunted trick-or-treat tour of Bear Hollow Zoo & Halloween carnival. Stories, games, activities and more. Costume contest every hour! Purchase tickets the night of the event. Audience: ages 2-12, must be accompanied by a parent, for more info: Memorial Park, 706- 613-3580