Please plan to join the Athens-Clarke County Federation of Neighborhoods on Monday, August 1 at 7:30 pm for our monthly program held at 489 Prince Avenue (the Old Fire Hall).
This month we are hosting an information session on animal welfare in the community. Our panel of guests will discuss progress, problems, and potential solutions to animal welfare issues in Athens-Clarke
County with a focus on topics such as pet overpopulation, spay & neuter, adoption, and responsible pet ownership.
Speakers will include representatives from ACC Animal Control, Athens Canine Rescue, Athens Area Humane Society, Helping Paws Rescue, and the Athens Area Rescue Foundation. The public is invited and questions
will be taken from the audience.
Our panel members will be:
* Bly Crane, President, Athens Canine Rescue
* Amanda Rodriguez Crook, Owner, Helping Paws Rescue
* Denise Plemmons, Special Projects Manager, Athens Area Humane Society
* Michelle Rabold, ACC Animal Control Officer / Athens Area Rescue Foundation
* Patrick Rives, Superintendent, ACC Animal Control
Federation of Neighborhoods meetings are always free and open to the public. Please plan to attend and join the discussion on this important topic.